Re: Emacs as an external flowed-text editor?

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: Re: Emacs as an external flowed-text editor?
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 17:44:06 +0200

I looked at flow-fill.el now and I don't see any mode in it.

> The "fill-flowed" function is
> not interactively avaliable after loading gnus/flow-fill.el with
> "load-file", "autoload" or "require".

What about just adding an interactive wrapper function so that you can
flow-fill the text when you want? Something like this:

(defun my-fill-flowed ()
  "Call fill-flowed in flow-fill.el."
  (interactive)
  (require 'flow-fill)
  (fill-flowed))

You can probably arrange for that (or the normal `fill-flowed' of
course) to be called when certain files or buffers open if you want,
if there is any such "rule" that you could match against.

/Mathias