Re: Setting current directory: no such file or directory

From: RjjdBae
Subject: Re: Setting current directory: no such file or directory
Date: 16 Jun 2006 08:05:20 -0700

Thanks, Peter,

What you say makes sense, and it would excuse me from trying to figure
out what to do, but when I start emacs, default-directory's value is
~/, and ifI start a "shell" or a "term" window immediately after
starting emacs, "pwd" shows (the expansion of) "~/".  In other words, I
did not start emacs from /a/b/c/d.

Does that imply that somewhere, something has decided to change
default-directory?  Can I tell it to mind its own business?

Bob