Elisp function(s) to get the most recent n urls in a buffer

From: Brett Kelly
Subject: Elisp function(s) to get the most recent n urls in a buffer
Date: 18 Jun 2006 23:22:31 -0700

This is my first foray into actual elisp programming, so be gentle ;)

My idea is this: I'd like to be able to execute a function in ERC
(emacs IRC client) to open a new buffer and show me the last n urls
that appear in the ERC buffer.  From there, I'd like to select (using
RET) one url, have it open in my browser (using browse-url-at-point, I
imagine) and have the list buffer close and return me to the ERC buffer
from which I called the function.

So, I'm attempting to write a function that builds and returns a list
of the last n urls in a buffer.  Here's what I've got so far:

(setf urllist '())

(defun get-urls (loc count)
  (interactive)
  (save-excursion
    (goto-char loc)
    (while (> count (length 'urllist))
    (progn
      (- (search-backward-regexp "http:") 5)
      (cons (thing-at-point 'url) '(urllist))
      (goto-char (- point 1)))
    ('urllist))))

I'm not really having a problem, per se - just looking for some
guidance and some style recommendations.  Assuming this is somewhat
correct (or at least on the right track), what would be my next step?

Thanks!