creating a tags file for interactive search and replace regexp

From: Ryan Krauss
Subject: creating a tags file for interactive search and replace regexp
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 20:12:23 -0400

I want to do an interactive regexp search and replace on a list of
files.  I don't want to search all the files in one directory and the
files are actually in many different directories.  How do I do this
search and replace on a specified list?  I think I need a list of tag
files.  But I cannot find an example of the syntax of such a tag file.

Thanks,

Ryan