RE: Changing foreground/background colors in all frames

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Changing foreground/background colors in all frames
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 13:15:01 -0700

    > (defun set-frame-value-all (key val)        ;; change frame attribute
    >     (aput 'initial-frame-alist key val)     ;; for ALL frames
    >     (aput 'default-frame-alist key val)
    >     (modify-frame-parameters (selected-frame) (list (cons key val))))

    Doesn't help here: Symbol's function definition is void: aput

See my message today replying to subject "Save the font setting" - it applies
to all frame parameters, not just the font. Just get some frame to be the way
you want all frames to be, then use `set-frame-alist-parameter-from-frame' or
'set-all-frame-alist-parameters-from-frame'. After that, use Customize to save
the alists you updated (e.g. `default-frame-alist' and `initial-frame-alist').

If you don't want to do that, just customize those variables directly. What's
good about the `set*' commands is that you need not know anything about how
frame parameters are represented. See this doc:
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/CustomizingAndSaving#SavingFrameParameters.