Tag based dired?

From: Xiao-Yong Jin
Subject: Tag based dired?
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 20:33:58 -0400

Hi all, I'm wondering if there is some kind of tag or label support in
dired.

Nowadays tagging or labeling is used widely on the Internet.  Blogs
and wikis has various tag support.  And gmail has its flexible
labeling support.  So does the f-spot.  I did some search on the web
and there is no file manager that really supports tags well.

So far I use org-mode to organize my staff as well as my files.
Because you can add various tags to a subject in org-mode, it's easy
to manager all the files.  However, it's not easy to handle files
using file links in org-mode.

I think it would be much better if one could give various labels to
files, and organize and search files using labels, especially in dired
or even wdired.

I want to ask if there are some easy way to implement this feature in
emacs?  This file tagging idea is very rough now and I would like to
do some research to make it more concrete.  And if it's possible, I
want to implement it as a plugin to dired?

--
Xiao-Yong