Re: Encoding Problems with desktop.el

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Encoding Problems with desktop.el
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 13:29:26 +0200

Am 03.07.2006 um 12:55 schrieb Sebastian Meisel:

Hi,

when I use desktop.el, to save a session and reload it. The encoding is wrong. I get a \216 char before each non ASCII char. I use iso-8859-1 encoding on my
files.
Any hint how to solve the probleme.

Which operating system are you using?

What are the values of the environment variables LC_CTYPE and LANG?

Does your .desktop file start with something like this in its header?

        ;; -*- mode: emacs-lisp; coding: emacs-mule; -*-

Which customisation for desktop (and session?) have you made?

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

  Pete

“One cannot live by television, video games, top ten CDs, and dumb movies alone”
      (Amiri Baraka 1999)