Still problems with desktop.el -> coding

From: Sebastian Meisel
Subject: Still problems with desktop.el -> coding
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 11:32:09 +0200

Hallo,

I asked that question before, but got no proper answer, so I try it again.

I'm german, so I use iso-latin1 encoding on my files. Everything works fine as
long as I don't use desktop.el.
With that every non ascii-char is escaped with a \201-char:
---->
Beim Blick auf das Scheidungsrecht im Alten Testament, fällt auf das sie --
wie auch die Ehe -- nirgends ausdrücklich
<-------

I use Emacs 21.4-1 on gentoo linux 2006 (~x86).

I have set the LC und LANG variables to de_DE.iso-8859-1.

I experience no such problems when I load files directly = not through
desktop.el.

Here is a .emacs.desktop-file:

--------->
;; -*- coding: emacs-mule; -*-
;; --------------------------------------------------------------------------
;; Desktop File for Emacs
;; --------------------------------------------------------------------------
;; Created Wed Jul  5 11:19:50 2006
;; Emacs version 21.4.1

;; Global section:
(setq desktop-missing-file-warning nil)
(setq tags-file-name nil)
(setq tags-table-list nil)
(setq search-ring nil)
(setq regexp-search-ring nil)
(setq register-alist nil)

;; Buffer section:
(desktop-create-buffer 205
  "/home/sebastian/.completions"
  " *completion-save-buffer*"
  'fundamental-mode
  nil
  2322
  '(nil nil)
  nil
  nil
  nil)

(desktop-create-buffer 205
  nil
  "Arbeit"
  'dired-mode
  nil
  2894
  '(nil nil)
  '("/home/sebastian/TeX/Theologie/Kirchengeschichte/Arbeit/")
  nil)

(desktop-create-buffer 205
  "/home/sebastian/TeX/Theologie/AT-Theologie/Arbeit/Literatur.bib"
  "Literatur.bib"
  'bibtex-mode
  nil
  544
  '(nil nil)
  nil
  nil
  nil)

(desktop-create-buffer 205
  "/home/sebastian/TeX/Theologie/AT-Theologie/Arbeit/Scheidung.tex"
  "Scheidung.tex"
  'latex-mode
  '(auto-fill-mode flyspell-mode reftex-mode)
  2364
  '(1068 nil)
  nil
  nil
  '((TeX-master . t)))

The buffer-file-coding-system variable ist set correctly to iso-latin-1.

I'd appreciate some help.
--
Sebastian Meisel