flyspell-mode

From: Paul Cizmas
Subject: flyspell-mode
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2006 11:41:30 -0500

Hello:

I am trying to turn on flyspell-mode by using .emacs.

I can turn on and turn off flyspell-mode by using M-x flyspell-mode (as said on
page 121 of GNU Emacs manual by R. Stallman).

I want to do this using my .emacs file such that I do not have to do it
manually for each file.

I added in .emacs the line

(setq flyspell-mode t)

It appears that the spell checker does not work.  If I check, however, in the
Tools in the emacs, the flyspell square symbol seems on.

I would appreciate it if you could help.

Thanks,

Paul