Re: different behaviour between emacs on linux and emacs on windows

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: different behaviour between emacs on linux and emacs on windows
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2006 15:51:50 -0600

Ted wrote:
Johan Bockgård wrote:
"Ted" <r.ted.byers@rogers.com> writes:
Instead, I have to remember where all my files are and type in the
full path and file name.

Have you tried the TAB key?

Maybe this shows how little I have used Linux in recent years, but what
would using the TAB key do for me, other than insert a tab in whatever
text I am working with?

Read the Minibuffer section of the Emacs manual, and its File, Edit, Completion, and History subsections.

--
Kevin