Re: C-M-anything gives no response

From: Robin Wilson
Subject: Re: C-M-anything gives no response
Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2006 20:39:43 +0100

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

Also, does it help to invoke "emacs -nw -q"?  Perhaps your .emacs
customizations are the culprit?

Hi

I have in fact managaged to solve it, as I was writing this email to you I thought of something to check, and found that it was the problem! It was a binding I had in my .emacs which had never worked properly so I'd stopped using, but I'd left in my .emacs. It bound TAB to a function called indent-or-complete which meant that TAB either indented the line, or completed it if there was something to complete. Obviously in W32 Emacs this was causing some problems, and removing that binding has made it all work again.

Thanks for your help in solving this problem, and I'll try using W32 Emacs with Cygwin now. How is it best to set it up so that I can run emacs filename in my cygwin terminal and get W32 emacs to load?

Thanks again,

Robin