cperl indenting

From: Matt A.
Subject: cperl indenting
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 08:21:28 -0700 (PDT)

Hello all--

i've recently started using emacs to edit perl in cperl-mode..  I'm having horrible problems with the indentation schemes.  No matter what indentation style i select, the results are totally unusable.

Emacs particularly likes to completely forget about indenting my code, sending me to the beginning of the line after a newline.  ie:

if($bar){
     if($foo){
#why is emacs sending me to the beginning of the line?
$lame=1;
}
}

help?