Re: help with M-x term

From: William Daffer
Subject: Re: help with M-x term
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 08:10:37 -0700

yz7502@gmail.com writes:

> Hi William,
> I used to use M-x shell, but I have one application which requires
> X-window, and the dumb term of M-x Shell does not support it.
>
> On the other hand , M-x term seems to miss some env stuff.

I assume that your test of 'term mode' happened after setting up your
initialization files such that your normal shell saw these new aliases
and then logging out and back in again, or, in some other way making
those aliases available to whatever process started the emacs you
attempted 'M-x term' in, right?

whd
--
RICH, adj.  Holding in trust and subject to an accounting the property
of the indolent, the incompetent, the unthrifty, the envious and the