Re: help with M-x term

From: Sergei
Subject: Re: help with M-x term
Date: 14 Jul 2006 03:35:47 -0700

--- Tim X:

> The difference in 'formatting' you have observed is because M-x shell
> doesn't understand ANSI escape codes for colour. When you use the ls
> command and have it configured to display the output using different
> colours for different file types, it does this by using andsi colour
> escape sequences. However, M-x shell does not understand these "out of
> the box".

> There are at least two solutions -

(THREE suggestions snipped :)

[...]

I've put setting LS_COLORS under a condition in my .bashrc :

if [ "$EMACS" != "t" ]
then
    PS1="$PS1_long"
    if [ "$OSVAR" = "Linux" ]; then
        LS_COLORS='...[set it to your liking] ...'
        export LS_COLORS
    else # Darwin:

        export LSCOLORS="DxfxcxdxbxegedabagDxDx"
    fi
else
    export PS1='\t \W \!% '
fi