Re: dvipdf vs buildt-in converter to pdf??

From: Tim X
Subject: Re: dvipdf vs buildt-in converter to pdf??
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 10:42:11 +1000

"pop" <asd@asd.com> writes:

> Emacs does not use 'dvipdf' when it converts dvi files to pdf.
>
> I prefer using 'dvipdf' because I only need to have an .eps version of the
> images I would like to include in my .tex files.
>
> Why does emacs not use 'dvipdf' and is there any flaws to this converter
> compared to the one emacs use??

Not enough information to provide a concise answer. For example, are
you using auctex mode to create your documents?

Your problem discription is a bit confusing. I don't see what dvipdf
has to do with putting images into a tex file. There are a number of
packages for putting images of various types into tex/latex documents.
Under Latex, I regularly use the graphics/graphicx packages to embed
.eps, .gif and .png images into latex files. Once I run the latex
command to get the dvi file, I then use either dvips or dvipdf,
depending on whether I want a PS or PDF file for the finished
document.

Ntoe that the dvi* programs available to emacs depends on what
tex/latex distribution/packages you have installed (i.e. tetex,
texlive etc). The program emacs uses is not part of emacs and
therefore, it is possible to change what emacs uses. However, there is
not enough detail in your question to give a more precise answer.

HTH

Tim

--
tcross (at) rapttech dot com dot au