Re: create and open tags in windows and other markings...

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: Re: create and open tags in windows and other markings...
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 12:39:01 +0200

"newbKt" <katydotlee@gmail.com> writes:

> I was wondering if it was possible to create a tags file and open all
> of the files in the buffer at once. I need very explicit instructions,
> not rtfm. I tried to type etags in the minibuffer, but I don't think
> that was the correct location because I never could finish typing the
> word without emacs triggering some macro or going into straight text. I
> couldn't figure out where in the world I was supposed to type it.

You mention etags so I guess you refer to "tags" in the old sense. But
in case you mean the modern, hyped tags, you might want to test a
little experiment I did some weeks ago:

http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/FileProps

With it you can add meta data about files and later use that data to
find files in different ways. You can for example tag files that you
use in a certain project, with some keyword, even if they are placed
in different directories.

/Mathias