Re: Strange Problem with keypresses on Win32

From: exits funnel
Subject: Re: Strange Problem with keypresses on Win32
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 13:37:57 -0700

Please note that input language is a per-application setting on
Windows.  So, if you inadvertently switch the language while typing
into Emacs, only Emacs will be affected.

Thanks Eli, that's good to know.

Next time it happens look at the language indicator in your system
tray.

I had never really looked at the keyboard settings but I just popped them up and noticed these three things: (1) The only choices for input locales were french (I have no idea why) and english (US). (2) The 'system tray indicator' check box wasn't selected which is why there was no language indication in my system try. (3) The key combo to switch locales is Left-Alt + Shift which I could easily imagine my inadvertently keying while using emacs.

So, I'm pretty sure that Drew was right and now I know how to fix it. Thanks to both of you.

-exits