Binding actions to key up/down events

From: Stephen Sherbert
Subject: Binding actions to key up/down events
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 11:45:44 -0700 (PDT)

I would like to emulate ctrl-tab style buffer switching like used in many
Windows applications.  I have found many customizations out there that do
something similar, but one important element is missing.  To achieve what I
want, I would need to bind an action to a key up event, such as when the
CTRL key is released.  For example, C-TAB would cycle through buffers, and
once I find the one I want, I release the CTRL key which puts the chosen
buffer at the top of a stack.  Only upon relasing the key does it modify the
stack.

Is this possible in GNU Emacs (I use version 22)?  How?

Thanks