Re: Where do i find the .emacs file?

From: roodwriter
Subject: Re: Where do i find the .emacs file?
Date: 18 Jul 2006 23:48:04 -0400

casioculture@gmail.com writes:

> I keep reading about the .emacs file and I don't know where it is.
> Where do I find it in ubuntu?

It should be right in your home directory.

Such as: /home/casioculture/.Emacs

If you're looking for it with a file manager, you may have to tell the
manager to show hidden files. The "." hides it.

--Rod
Author of "Linux for Non-Geeks--Clear-eyed Answers for Practical
Consumers" and "Boring Stories from Uncle Rod." To reply by e-mail
take the second "o" out of the e-mail address.