perl mode problems

From: Ryan Moszynski
Subject: perl mode problems
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 21:21:17 -0400

emacs 21.4.1 debian/ubuntu dapper

does anyone else have constant problems with perl-mode?

i have problems with reserved words not being recognized, parenthese
and and braces matching is terrible, and sometimes, inexplicably, I
have to put an extra ' or " after a comment so that emacs doesn't
thighlight the rest of my program as a comment.

In every other way emacs works wonderfully for me.  I've never had
these problems in c-mode or java-mode.  Should I try cvs emacs, or is
there a way to upgrade just the perl mode and paren, curly braces
matching?

thanks,

ryan