Re: unable to create a .cpp file

From: Dieter Wilhelm
Subject: Re: unable to create a .cpp file
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 12:28:00 +0200

Gary Wessle <phddas@yahoo.com> writes:

> I deleted every thing in .emacs reloaded the file and the problem is
> still there.

Well, the presumably broken lisp definitions from the .emcas file then
still persist in the computer memory, they aren't overwritten.

> it is only when I delete .emacs from my home dir that the problem does
> not duplicate.

Without ~/.emacs it works?  Why don't you show your complete .emacs
file, maybe somebody sees immediately what's wrong with it (and has
the time to help)?

By the way, it would probably be best starting .emacs from scratch and
using for that purpose the Emacs customisation facility.  Have a look
under the Options menu -> Customize Emacs.

--
    Best wishes

    Dieter Wilhelm
    Darmstadt, Germany