Re: region around search hit

From: Andreas Roehler
Subject: Re: region around search hit
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 21:20:29 +0200

Drew Adams wrote:

> This could be programmed, but I'm wondering if there is already
> a quick way to do this: set the region around the last search
> occurrence, when isearch is exited. Likewise, for query-replace
> (even if exited with C-g).

No solution, just some ideas:

in isearch.el, (defun isearch-search, starting with
line 2009, positions `match-beginning' and `match-end'
exist.

 (setq isearch-success
                (funcall
                 (isearch-search-fun)
                 isearch-string nil t))
          ;; Clear RETRY unless we matched some invisible text
          ;; and we aren't supposed to do that.
          (if (or (eq search-invisible t)
                  (not isearch-success)
                  (bobp) (eobp)
                  (= (match-beginning 0) (match-end 0))

Maybe you could some (push-mark) and (point) constructs
insert here and/or store positions.

__
Andreas Roehler