Re: isn't there any simple, standard way to print in windowsXP?

From: Chris McMahan
Subject: Re: isn't there any simple, standard way to print in windowsXP?
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 09:08:36 -0400

Minesh,

I'm using a program included with GhostScript to open a standard
printing dialog. It works every time, and avoids all of the problems
with creating printer ports, mapping network names and such.
GhostScript is a shareware program. There are no nag screens when
printing, but it's well worth the cost.

I have the following set to do that:

;; use the ghostscript printer program to open a standard printer
;; dialog, works like a charm!!
(setq-default ps-lpr-command "c:/utils//gs/gsview/gsprint.exe"))
(setq-default ps-printer-name t)
(setq-default ps-printer-name-option nil)
(setq ps-lpr-switches '("-query")) ; show printer dialog

- Chris