Search for text

From: john maclean
Subject: Search for text
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 17:15:12 +0100

Hi guys,

Basic stuff  here. Sorry if this has been asked before:-
- Can one search for text at the location of the point? If a point is
within word "foo" I'd like to C-s <something> so that I dont have to
enter that word when promted for a search term
- I'd like to be able to search for say ^[a-g] with regular
expressions. Can any one point me to the location of the info doc?
- Finally I'd like to have all matching terms stay highlighted a bit
longer. C-s does highlight terms, but as soon as I C-v to look down
the page it's gone.

--
John Maclean  - 07739 171 531
MSc (DIC)