Re: gnuserv/gnuclient as CVS/SVN editor on Windows

From: Ismael Valladolid Torres
Subject: Re: gnuserv/gnuclient as CVS/SVN editor on Windows
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 09:56:30 +0200

John J. Lee escribe:
> "Le Wang" <l26wang@gmail.com> writes:
> > John J. Lee wrote:
> [...]
> > > 3. C-x # gives me the following message in the minibuffer, rather than
> > >    notifying svn that I've finished editing the commit message, as
> > >    hoped:
> > >
> > > (server-edit): Use only on buffers created by external programs
> >
> > When you edit a file from "cmd.exe", does it wait for you to press
> > <C-x> #, before exiting?
>
> Not sure I understand what the "it" in that sentence refers to, but
> gnuclient appears to exit immediately -- at least, it returns me
> immediately to the cmd.exe shell (though I've not checked it really
> did exit, and am hazy about Windows processes).

Feel free to try the -w option to gnuclientw.exe although I'm not sure
it's available in all versions.

You can always set CVSEDITOR to "emacs" although gnuclientw.exe was
available. I set editor to emacs in my muttrc even if gnuclientw.exe
is installed because exactly the same reason.

Cordially, Ismael
--
When I grow up I will go there.