how to change tooltip text

From: Ye Wenbin
Subject: how to change tooltip text
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 09:21:57 +0800

hello, I wrote a elisp which need a feature like x-show-tip.
but I need to change the the text when user is typing.
x-show-tip seems too slow.
I test like this:

(add-hook 'after-change-functions
          (lambda (&rest arg)
            (and (current-word) (x-show-tip (current-word))))
          nil t)

When typing quickly, you can see the tip frame can't follow and
the input character maybe not show in the screen.

Is there a way to reuse the tip frame but change the text? Or is
there other way to implement this feature?

Thanks for advance!