Re: gnuserv/gnuclient as CVS/SVN editor on Windows

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: gnuserv/gnuclient as CVS/SVN editor on Windows
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 14:03:59 +0200

John J. Lee wrote:
"Le Wang" <l26wang@gmail.com> writes:

John J. Lee wrote:
Not sure I understand what the "it" in that sentence refers to, but
gnuclient appears to exit immediately -- at least, it returns me
immediately to the cmd.exe shell (though I've not checked it really
did exit, and am hazy about Windows processes).
The editor process (gnuclient) needs to exit only when it's done
editing the commit message.  You're claiming gnuclient doesn't do that.
 My gnuclient (from <guy@wyrdrune.com>) does.  I also have a
`gnuclientw' that always exits as soon as it sends the file to Emacs,
"gnuclient -q" does the same thing.

Hmm, thanks.  I'll try the new version he posted when I get a spare
moment (I think I have a pretty old version).

Thanks everybody
Maybe I should point out that this is the same version that comes with EmacsW32 (see http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/EmacsW32). I would be interested in how the installation done by EmacsW32 works for you. Do you want to try that?

Please notice that in order for this to work with later versions of EmacsW32 you must be using the not yet released version 22 of Emacs. (There is also an early version of EmacsW32 that works together with Emacs 21.3 but I do not remember exactly how that works any more.)