Emacs\compiling Java

From: Frank Murray
Subject: Emacs\compiling Java
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 20:21:02 -0400

Hello,

This is a newbie question, just so everyone knows. I am trying to compile a Java program in Emacs using a terminal window running under Mac OS X, v10.4.7.

What I cannot understand (basically) is that when I enter the compile command, <Meta-x compile>, it prints out a line that reads "compile command make -k..."

I assume its looking for some sort of "make -k" file. Is that soemthing I create? What exactly would a make -k file for a Java program under Emacs look like?

Are there or is there any documentation on this? Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

fjm