Re: cannot get a GUI from Emacs 21.4

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: cannot get a GUI from Emacs 21.4
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 10:59:28 +0200

Am 04.08.2006 um 03:03 schrieb leo.hou@gmail.com:

I am very new to Linux. I just installed a Knoppix to my HD which does
not have emacs.

Make sure that you have installed a lot of development packages! Linux is usually packed as an enduser product, so even compilers are not installed. And since you configured before you compiled: what is the configure output telling you? This output is no waste of terminal space ...

--
Greetings

  Pete

"We have to expect it, otherwise we would be surprised."