Re: Auto-Logging Buffer

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Auto-Logging Buffer
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 10:53:59 +0200

Am 12.08.2006 um 03:19 schrieb cyber0ne:

Using GNU Emacs 21.3.2

This is probably a simple question, but is there an easy way to have my
emacs buffer auto-log to a file?  I'm using emacs as a moo/mud client
in a screen session, and I'd like to keep a running log. I know how to
save the file manually, but i don't always have that option if, for
whatever reason, the machine running the screen session reboots (power
failure, etc.).

Save that buffer at once to a file (maybe with a hook automatically?). And maybe set different value for auto-save-timeout.

When GNU Emacs then has to abort you'll have the log file and a possibly newer copy named à la #log file#. And the version from before log file was saved: log file~.

--
Greetings

  Pete

Claiming that the Macintosh is inferior to Windows because most people use Windows, is like saying that all other restaurants serve food that is inferior to McDonald's.