Re: `call-interactively' only the first time

From: augukarl
Subject: Re: `call-interactively' only the first time
Date: 17 Aug 2006 06:19:31 -0700

wenbinye@gmail.com skrev:
> You didn't provide the real code,

Of course not. My question is how to write it.

> I assume you may make mistake when use
> the function in parameter, which is named g in you pseudo code. You
> should use funcall function.

How can it be a misstake? I haven't written any (real) function-call
statements.

> Another question is how do you restore the argument when called
> interactively first time?

Exactly, that's the essence of my question.

> (defun foo (arg)
>   (interactive "sGive me a string: ")
>   (message "foo: %S" arg))
>
> (defun bar (func)
>     (message "first call: ")
>     (call-interactively func)
>     (message "call again: ")
>     (funcall func "efg"))
>
> ;; use like this:
> (bar 'foo)

This is only a special case. In my pseudo code I put no restrictions on
the command g (it can take any number of parameters).

August