Re: scrolling problem

From: Colin S. Miller
Subject: Re: scrolling problem
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 22:34:40 +0100

CloudStrife wrote:
When i scroll in emacs 21.2.1 it scrolls such that the line at the
bottom is present in the middle, in the next screen. I donot know what
options to change.
this happens when i use Ctrl-n or arrow keys.
the same is the prob wid scroll up.
Is there a soln to this?

CloudStrife,

This behaviour is called "jump scroll". It can be disabled by
inserting into your .emacs file
(setq scroll-step 1)

However, on XEmacs, I still get jump-scrolling sometimes,
normally after scrolling a large number of single lines.

HTH,
Colin S. Miller

--
Replace the obvious in my email address with the first three letters of the
hostname to reply.