Re: Storing regular expressions somewhere....

From: Birju Prajapati
Subject: Re: Storing regular expressions somewhere....
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 16:10:14 +0100

On 23/08/06, Birju Prajapati <floating.buddha@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,
Sometimes I need to do complicated replace-regexps. However, they can
be prone to errors, so what I end up doing is an
isearch-forward-regexp until I get the expression correct. Once it is
correct, I write it down and then type it back into a replace-regexp
command! Rather cumbersome....Is there some sort of
isearch-forwared-replace-regexp command ? Or can I recall the previous
regexp searched for in my isearch-forward-regexp?

After digging around a bit, I found M-x regexp-builder. However, this
doesn't seem to understand predefined character classes such as \s-
and seems to have a different regexp syntax. Is this a bug or am I
doing something wrong?

Cheers,
Birju