Re: prolog users?

From: Solly Brown
Subject: Re: prolog users?
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 16:55:37 +1000

David Hansen wrote:
On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 13:50:49 +1000 Solly Brown wrote:
How can I change the face of prolog comments (ie. lines
starting with a % symbol)?

C-u C-x = should tell you which face is used for
highlighting.  BTW in GNU Emacs 22 (thats the developer
version) it's font-lock-comment-face.

David

OK this is a bit weird. This is what I've got for the text properties of my comments:

face                 font-lock-comment-face
fontified          t

However my comments don't show up in the font-lock-comment-face. Instead, they appear to be showing up with "firebrick-italic" face.

If I change the properties of the font-lock-comment-face (making it green, say) then new comments that I type in do indeed appear in green. However, when I type C-l to refontify the existing comments, then instead of everything turning green, all of my new comments revert to firebrick-italic (and the old ones are unchanged). The text properties still claims that the comments are using font-lock-comment-face, but clearly they're not.

Something very odd going on there. Any more suggestions?

Thanks, Solly