Code alignment

From: Ewen Cartwright
Subject: Code alignment
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 11:24:27 +0100

Hi all,

I'm a long-time vim user who is converting to emacs. One thing I miss
from vim is a generic code alignment tool (like Align.vim, if anyone's
familiar with it) for formatting code like:

  <cfset var intSupplierID = 0>
  <cfset var structSupplierInfo = 0>
  <cfset var intAbID = getAbID(arguments.intStockID)>

as:

  <cfset var intSupplierID      = 0>
  <cfset var structSupplierInfo = 0>
  <cfset var intAbID            = getAbID(arguments.intStockID)>

As you may be able to tell, this is ColdFusion code, so natty C or
Java-specific code-formatting tools won't help much -- I guess I'll need
something completely language-agnostic as I doubt anyone has written
anything specific to ColdFusion.

If anyone knows of anything I could use in emacs to do this I'd be very
grateful!

Cheers,

/ewen