Re: primary vs. secondary selection

From: B. T. Raven
Subject: Re: primary vs. secondary selection
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 08:32:01 -0500

"Gary Wessle" <phddas@yahoo.com> wrote in message
87mz9tpy0h.fsf@yahoo.com">news:87mz9tpy0h.fsf@yahoo.com...

> Hi
>
> I read somewhere a good article about the difference between C-c C-v
> for windows and the mouse highlighting and pasting. also in connection
> with emacs copy and yank, the need now is to read it again to attempt
> to fix the following;
>
> how can I copy a text from emacs to the browser with out using the
> mouse?
>
> thanks

I assume that you mean the text of the url (i.e. what goes in the address
box of the drop down list, but same strategy works for transferring text
from emacs to any other windows app:

[in emacs]
Move to first character of text to be copy-pasted into msw...
C-<space>
move cursor to end of emacs text
M-w
Alt-<tab> ;;to windows app of interest
;; to preserve this functionality, this key combo shouldn,t
;; be overriden in w32 emacs (assuming it's possible).

[in msw]
Alt-d  ;; to highlight text in address box
C-v (i.e. paste, somewhat like emacs' C-y, but less flexible).

See also:
http://www.rnib.org.uk/xpedio/groups/public/documents/PublicWebsite/public
_rnib003593.hcsp