elisp book

From: Raimund Kohl-Fuechsle
Subject: elisp book
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 16:24:51 +0200

Hiya,

this one mail here did I sent to Hadron private, sorry ... in case
someone else is interested here the mail to the list:

> The elisp info/manual is too much like a standard. Is there a K&R type
> book you can recommend for elisp? One that takes you on a journeay
> with the language while developing small programs?

The tutorial has been mentioned already.  In case you prefer "real"
books you can order it at http://www.gnu.org[1].  They have it as a special
offer at the moment.  I just got mine yesterday ... <shining smile>

You might also like

                     "Writing GNU Emacs Extensions"

by Bob Glickstein[2] ... should you be able to find it somewhere.  I bought
mine at eBay ... for just $ 3.50 ... :-)

Greetings, ray

Footnotes:
[1]  "An Introduction to Programming in Emacs Lisp" by Robert
     J. Chassell, GNU Press, Revised Second Edition.  It's $ 21,00 plus
     shipping.

[2]  ISBN 1-56592-261-1 - but I don't know if it is still in print