Re: emacs-21.4a.tar

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: emacs-21.4a.tar
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 12:26:59 +0300

> Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 14:34:43 +0530
> From: "Arun kumar" <arun.chellam@gmail.com>
>
>   I downloaded the emacs-21.4, untared it nad tried to configure by using $
> ./configure.But i got the below error"*configure: error: can not find
> sources in . or .." *
> . Plz let me know about it ..

It looks for the file src/lisp.h.  Do you have it?  If not, something
went wrong during unpacking.

If the file src/lisp.h does exist, try this command instead:

   /path/to/emacs-dir/configure --srcdir=/path/to/emacs-dir

where /path/to/emacs-dir is the absolute file name of the directory
created by unpacking the Emacs distribution.

If that doesn't work either, post here the contents of the file
config.log.