Re: Jumping between matching braces

From: Dieter Wilhelm
Subject: Re: Jumping between matching braces
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2006 00:10:10 +0200

"Yang" <yvq9x4402@sneakemail.com> writes:

> Just to make sure I wasn't introducing a problem myself, I moved aside
> my .emacs and .emacs.d and tried again, to no avail.

Does this mean you were starting Emacs with

emacs -q --no-site-file

or did you move/rename the files instead?

> I also just asked this in #emacs and someone else said they saw the

What is #emacs?

> same problem. They said it may have something to do with the syntax
> tables and/or the fact that the {} is a comment, but I'm not sure how
> to address this.

Just start Emacs with the command line options above and create a file
"some_file.txt" - you end up in text mode with the respective syntax
table.  Copy your bracket stuff into the buffer and the sexp commands
should work.

--
    Best wishes

    H. Dieter Wilhelm