Re: All widgets except the scroll bar uses GTK?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: All widgets except the scroll bar uses GTK?
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2006 13:54:16 +0200

David Hansen <david.hansen@gmx.net> writes:

> On 2 Sep 2006 03:10:03 -0700 Johan Tibell wrote:
>
>> I built emacs 23.0.0.1 from CVS to get XFT and GTK support. It works
>> nicely except that the scroll bar is not the regular GTK one. Any ideas
>> why this is?
>>
>> http://www.itstud.chalmers.se/~larssont/emacs-scrollbar.png
>
> It's a feature.  This emacs own scrollbar with additional
> functionality.  At least on GNU Emacs 22 pass the
> --with-toolkit-scroll-bars option to configure to get a less
> functional GTK scrollbar.

I think --with-toolkit-scroll-bars is the the default.  I know that I
had to explicitly override this default in the past, since I don't
like the stupid completely unergonomic GTK+ default scrollbar (you
can't switch forward and backward direction without moving the mouse,
you can't scroll through a complete file without needing to reseat the
mouse in between, you can't control the scroll amount).