Re: rmail and quoted-printable

From: Xavier Maillard
Subject: Re: rmail and quoted-printable
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2006 23:50:17 +0200

   From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>

   >    ``Just work'' in what sense?  Can you describe the simplest set of
   >    features, from the user point of view, that would satisfy you?
   >
   > The best I can think at, is as simple as automatically decoding just
   > by displaying an rmail message.

   You seem to assume that the quoted-printable part is text.  But it
   sometimes isn't; and then in some cases that part is base64-encoded,
   not quoted-printable encoded.

One point for you.

   > So I would be very thank full if there were good solutions. For
   > example how do you do ?

   I described that in my message: I manually decode the relevant region,
   if I'm sure it's text I want to read.  It shouldn't be hard to write a
   command for that, but I just never bothered enough.

Fair enough. Hopefully with the help of rmime.el and etach.el, things
are far less annoying than without. But it is still not perfect.

   Btw, I also use RMAIL and won't switch to Gnus.

I just can't imagine doing so too ! I am totally addicted to it even
with these major issues.

Regards,

--
Xavier