Re: All widgets except the scroll bar uses GTK?

From: Dieter Wilhelm
Subject: Re: All widgets except the scroll bar uses GTK?
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2006 22:03:56 +0200

David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org> writes:

> I think --with-toolkit-scroll-bars is the the default.  I know that I
> had to explicitly override this default in the past, since I don't
> like the stupid completely unergonomic GTK+ default scrollbar (you
> can't switch forward and backward direction without moving the mouse,

Maybe I only know GTK scroll bars (under Emacs), could you please
explain how to switch between the directions without moving the mouse?

> you can't scroll through a complete file without needing to reseat the
> mouse in between, you can't control the scroll amount).

You mean that one can more precisely control the amount of scrolling
with respect to how far on clicks away from the tool bar handle?

Thanks

--
    Best wishes

    H. Dieter Wilhelm