Re: navigate through big java projects and refactoring

From: Hadron Quark
Subject: Re: navigate through big java projects and refactoring
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 13:18:14 +0200

op132650c@mail.telepac.pt writes:

> Hi,
>
> I want to work with emacs for programming Java. Is there any other way then
> using the speedbar and ECB program, to open files easily from a big project,
> instead of having to write the full path to the source file, or
> navigate

See reply to your other post.

> through project browser of ECB? Something like, only have to write the full,
> or
> partial name of the java file, and open it.
>
> Is there any other refactoring tool for emacs, instead of ECB?

Why do you keep changing your name and asking the same kind of question
under differnt pseuodnyms? (Johnston, Johannes, opt132). Not that I
care, but be aware the some people have newsreaders which flag things
like this with big red banners and honking noises :-;

Anyway, in reply to your question(s):

Did you look at eclipse for Linux?

Also google up etags.

Personally I gave up with ecb as it didnt offer any real development
advantage : I just tend to use Linux links or emacs bookmarks  to
freqeuently used directories and files.  And I find "speedbar" to be
very "un-emacsy" for some reason - could never get into using it.