format-mode-line function

From: Tim X
Subject: format-mode-line function
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 12:18:49 +1000

I have a problem with a "missing" function and wanted to get some
feedback from others on the group.

I'm using a package which uses the function format-mode-line. This
works with emacs 22, but I get a void function error with emacs 21. On
checking the emacs NEWS file, it indicates this function has been in
emacs since emacs 21.1. I have emacs 21.4, but the function does not
seem to exist. I'm running Debian with the Debian build of emacs 21
from 2005.

I am wondering if this is a function that has somehow been lost with
mods applied by Debian as I cannot find anything wrong with my
environment.

Could a few people running version 21 of emacs please check if they
have the function and post their results together with the output from
emacs-version?

thanks,

Tim
--