Re: Jump to man page buffer

From: Hadron Quark
Subject: Re: Jump to man page buffer
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 01:07:41 +0200

Thorsten Bonow <thorsten.bonow@post.rwth-aachen.de> writes:

>     Hadron> Damn. Asleep again. I missed that.  Thanks a lot : newframe is
>     Hadron> probably the best for me.
>
> I'm using "pushy" :-)
>
>     Hadron> Out of curiosity what would the function be called to "jump to
> named
>     Hadron> buffer"? I had written my first bit of lisp to construct a
>     Hadron> legitimate buffer name but "switch to buffer" switches the named
>     Hadron> buffer into the current one, so I had 2 buffers with the manpage
> in
>     Hadron> :)
>
> Huh?
>
> I looked up the man-page of "grep", switched to another buffer and evaluated
>
> (switch-to-buffer "*Man grep*")
>
> Just switched to the correct buffer. Got only one of it.
>
>     Hadron> thanks for any help.
>
> Good night...

I'll explain : If you're editing a c file and called
manual-entry(current-word) then the default setting was to open a new
buffer and leave focus in the c file. I was trying to programmatically
jump to the new buffer after calling manual-entry. But a call to
switch-to buffer when there are *2* buffers open, brings the manual
buffer into the current buffer - so suddenly there are 2 visible buffers
showing the same manpage.