Re: Easier buffer navigtion (alt-tabbing?)

From: B. T. Raven
Subject: Re: Easier buffer navigtion (alt-tabbing?)
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 08:03:39 -0500

"Stefan Arentz" <stefan.arentz@gmail.com> wrote in message
87y7ss6ps0.fsf@kip.sateh.com">news:87y7ss6ps0.fsf@kip.sateh.com...

> Is there a way that makes it easier to navigate through buffers? What I
> would really like is something like alt-tab to popup a list of recent
> buffer to quickly switch back and forth between them. Does such an
> extension exist?
>
>  S.

iswitchb works for me. It is faster for switching between buffers than
using Alt-<tab> to switch between w32 processes. Also you can filter out
different classes of buffers (those starting with space character by
default). Just out of curiosity I opened enough files to force the
minibuffer to expand to multiple lines and everything continued to work as
expected. If you are working under w32 then you probably want to leave
Alt-<tab> alone so that you have rapid access to its running processes.
There is also a package called 'icicles' that is said to be very powerful.
I haven't needed anything more than iswitchb yet.

Ed