Re: displaying escaped unicode files

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: displaying escaped unicode files
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 12:12:47 -0600

Gulliver7 wrote:
Hi.  I'm using emacs as a text editor (I'm not a programmer), and need some
advice:

I'm running emacs 21.3 in Windows, and need to read and edit some text files
with UTF-8 encoding and others with escaped unicode encoding.  I've managed
to get emacs to display the UTF-8 files correctly, but not the escaped
unicode ones.  The alphabet is Latin, but accented characters are not being
displayed properly in the escaped unicode files.  What do I need to do to
get emacs to display the characters properly, regardless of whether I go
into a UTF-8 or an escaped unicode file?
I have to say, I don't really understand what what the coding means -- all I
know is that I have these files to work with and want to use emacs to edit
them.  I'd appreciate any help.

What is an "escaped unicode" file?  Can you attach a small sample file
to your reply?

--
Kevin