Re: reproducing the crash

From: Robert McDonald
Subject: Re: reproducing the crash
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 21:56:58 GMT

Reiner Steib wrote:
If Emacs crashed, it's a bug in Emacs because lisp code like AUCTeX
should never crash Emacs.  The best thing would be to build Emacs with
the current sources, run Emacs under a debugger and reproduce the
crash.  If you can't, I suggest to report it using `M-x
report-emacs-bug RET' nevertheless.

Thank you Reiner. I'm not in a position to build and debug so I will wait and see if I can get a little more information from this thread. It might narrow down the problem. However, one way or the other I will report this to the emacs-dev folks.

Thanks.

Bob