Re: Very basic questions.

From: jronald
Subject: Re: Very basic questions.
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 04:48:24 +0800

It should be "interpreted" not "explanation".
My poor english..
"Jay Bingham" <b.jc-emacs@netzero.com>
дÈëÏûÏ¢ÐÂÎÅ:mailman.6992.1158351893.9609.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org...
On Friday, September 15, 2006 at 2:07 PM jronald wrote:

> How does .el run?

> Is it an explanation language or a compilation one?
> I know little about how explanation language works.

I am not familiar with the term "explanation language" so I did a
search on the Internet for it and from the one reference that I found
to "explanation language" related to programming I do not believe
that elisp is an explanation language.  Elisp can be "compiled" or it
can be run in interpreted mode.

> Take "require" for example. How does it know where the
> feature list is? Or, how does feature list make itself to be found
> by functions? Maybe the problem is what is the memory model about
> elisp.

"require" and "load" both locate modules by searching the load-path.

You can read about all of this in the elisp reference manual, which
if it is not installed on your system in the info directory it can be
found on the web.

__
J_)
C_)ingham

PrivatePhone - FREE telephone number & voicemail.
A number so private, you can make it public.
http://www.privatephone.com