Re: passing data to process sentinel

From: Gordon Beaton
Subject: Re: passing data to process sentinel
Date: 16 Sep 2006 07:37:02 GMT

On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 11:01:15 -0600, Kevin Rodgers wrote:
> Backquote is your friend:
>
>    (set-process-sentinel
>      (start-process "tkdiff" nil "tkdiff" (buffer-file-name) temp-file)
>      `(lambda (process event)
>        (if (file-exists-p ,temp-file) (delete-file ,temp-file))))

Thank you! I had tried backquoting but it was the commas I didn't
think about.

I also realized after posting that I could get the file name from
(process-command process) in the sentinel, but I was more interested
in a solution like the above that works in the general case, where the
information isn't on the command line.

/gordon

g o r d o n  +  n e w s  @  b a l d e r 1 3 . s e